Back from Origins and super-tired. I don’t have the stamina to do a full write-up now, and work has already let me know that I won’t have the time to do one for the rest of the week. So I’ll hit the high points now and do a full write up over the holiday weekend. As always, Origins was a great, fun convention.
- Driving out and back with Kat, Dalys, and Bill was loads of fun. I finally got to win at the cow game!
- Dalys’ birthday was at the con. Bill stood on a chair in the exhibit hall and let everyone know.
- Got to play Serial with Clarence & Naomi. Great game where the serial killer turned out to be a contestant on America’s Next Top Model.
- Carey, the hardcore With Great Power… fan, played in every WGP… event Kat and I ran. She brought the melodrama with a side of angst.
- I GMed a game of Acts of Evil and didn’t really do anything evil, except maybe devour Don’s hand … but he had it coming.
- Got to play Best Friends with Peter and Gary Atkinson, Jared and Luke. All my friends picked on me. I hate them.
- Would you believe karaoke?
- Peanut butter milkshakes! Mmmm.
- More playtesting with Ralph, Luke, and Dan (?) wherein I failed to redeem a mad god.
- Luke finishing up the publishing panel with “We’ll gladly stick around for specific questions, but we’ve talked for about an hour and forty-five minutes straight. Hope you caught the massive info-dump.” And his invisible white board.
Good times. Now, sleep and a return to real life. Yuck.